Hey you, looking at this job! You already know what being an Account Executive is all about. The role description and expectations here will not surprise you. That is why instead I want to start off with what is different:
- The Product. Our strong and scalable product, a Marketing Data Hub, delivers true value to our customers.
- The Market. The digital marketing industry is projected to grow at an unprecedented rate of over 11% per year, reaching over $640 billion by 2027. Marketing and data analytics are on every company's radar.
- The Timing. The Sydney office is less than a year old, but Funnel as a company is more established. You’re joining a very exciting journey of building a Startup within a Pre-IPO Scale-up.
About this role:
Your main objective will be to create, build, manage and close sales opportunities. As an Account Executive at Funnel, you will be part of our highly ambitious, friendly and team-oriented Sales team. In the team, we win and lose together, sharing goals and celebrating success together. This is not the place for a “Lone Wolf”! Our Sales team collaborates closely with daily standups, retrospectives and coaching sessions. We set high goals and look for someone who is as motivated as we are to achieve them.
Some of your responsibilities as an Account Executive will include:
- Outbound opportunity creation.
- Build and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in prospect accounts.
- Inbound opportunity qualification, discovery and execution, with a mix of fast-paced and complex sales cycles.
- Conduct customer presentations, demos and negotiations with prospect decision-makers.
- Record, document and track sales activity and customer data in CRM and other systems.
- Close collaboration with our SDR, BDR, Solution Consultants, Marketing, and Customer Success teams.
- Adoption and use of repeatable sales methodology, frameworks and toolkits to drive repeatable, scalable sales motions.
To be successful in this role you need to be a genuine team player. You will also need grit and a firm focus on the final objective, just like the rest of your future colleagues!
- 5+ years of experience from B2B software sales (SaaS sales is a big plus!).
- A proven track record of consistently hitting your sales quotas.
- Experience selling to enterprise-level clients and understand the procurement process and stakeholder management.
- Ideally, you have a background in digital marketing, the agency landscape and/or data.
- An additional language like Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, is a plus.
- A growth mindset - you want to learn and continuously improve together with your colleagues.
- Curiosity - you want to know what you do not and understand more about what you already know.
- Analytical ability and strategic thinking - you quickly understand the customers’ pain points and see the best long-term solution rather than quick-fixes.
- Uncomfortable conversations do not faze you. You can walk the line between being easy to buy from and sometimes using constructive tension to challenge your prospects.
- You are a team player who is more interested in seeing the team win than individual accolades. You strive to increase the skillsets of yourself and those around you.
Who we are
Funnel is a fast-growing tech company within digital marketing, working to help marketers understand how their marketing initiatives relate to their business results. Funnel is a Software as a Service (SaaS) product that helps you to get the very most from your data. Our customers range from big e-commerce companies to advertising agencies and consumer brands. Since the product launch in 2015, we have set up offices in Stockholm, Boston, Dublin, and Sydney and have grown to service thousands of marketers all over the world.
Read more about our benefits and perks here
This role is located in the Funnel Sydney office and hired by Funnel Operations Pty Ltd. We value in-person collaboration, and as such, we work a minimum of four days a week from our office.
We will review your application and get back to you as soon as we can. If you are interested in what the recruitment process will look like, take a look at our career site.