Funnel is the Data Platform for marketing organizations and teams that solves the problem of measurement and performance optimization for them. Its pre-built marketing connectors gather the data marketers need, letting them easily analyze performance through leading visualization tools. Thanks to automatic curation and data harmonization, marketers and analysts get real-time insights to make better decisions, with no coding or technical teams required.
Funnel was founded in 2014 by Fredrik Skantze, CEO and Per Made CMO. The company has well-known investors such as Balderton, Oxx, and Fidelity’s venture capital companies Eight Roads (Europe) and F-Prime (US) and have raised $134m thus far.The business is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with an office in Boston, US and a rapidly growing headcount of c.200. With a 60% YoY revenue growth, Funnel is well positioned to increase market share and scale up for a future IPO.
As our global scale-up journey continues, we are looking to bring on board an entrepreneurial, hands-on Chief Financial Officer that will play a central role in our further expansion and continued fundraising efforts. Ultimately, you will lead the business through a successful exit and beyond.
What you will do
Funnel is seeking an entrepreneurial, hands-on financial leader who has seen scale before and can operate at pace. You will play a key role in the global scale-up journey and journey towards an IPO. This is a fascinating point at which to join an already successful business in a rapidly growing market with a proven model and strong brand.
As the CFO, you will be a key member of Funnel’s management team and a true business partner to the Executive Team and Board, providing financial and strategic leadership, while executing all finance-related initiatives, thus helping shape the overall direction for the company.
Together with the CEO, you will communicate the most important financials, strategic decisions and other key business matters to the Board of Directors.
- Steering the company through operational and financial KPIs towards sustainable growth, with plans for an exit in the future
- Further enhancing the organizational, analytical and financial frameworks of Funnel through improved FP&A, KPI management, reporting and process implementation; fostering a data-driven culture
- Leading further capital raises, and other strategic business initiatives
- Develop the budget with the Executive team, drive working-capital and cash flow planning, and control for cost-saving potential, while ensuring alignment with the strategic and operational goals
- Supporting international growth and market expansion through strategic dialogue with the CEO to stimulate and accelerate growth through leveraging the analytical insights gained from the financial framework you have implemented
- Mentoring, developing and growing a best-in-class finance organization to support further expansion
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced CFO or #2 Finance leader with proven success in leading a variety of finance disciplines (FP&A, Legal, Tax, Compliance and Risk Management), ideally in a hyper-growth SaaS environment.
- Proven track record of success with a publicly traded Swedish company executing at pace and building scalable systems - you perform your best in fast-changing environments when delivering against ambitious targets
- Experience taking a company public is a plus
- Team-oriented - you are strongly motivated to help and see your team members grow and succeed together
- Able to lead, build out, professionalize, and mentor the finance team - with an openness and ability to work hands-on when needed
- Love data - you draw conclusions and base decisions on data
- Resourceful outlook and ability to unlock and combine operational and financial data that provides actionable insights to the organization
- Strong analytical ability with a solution-oriented mindset
The chance to take a hyper-growth company through an IPO in a young industry, where competition still is limited. You will get to work in a multicultural and diverse environment where we dream big, start small, and scale quickly!