Funnel is Hiring!
Funnel, a well-funded startup in marketing tech, is searching for their next colleagues to join the Data Operations team and help customers solve their newest and often most complex data problems. If you're intrigued by the prospect of joining a rapidly growing company with a very strong emphasis on agile teamwork and promoting skill building, then this could be an awesome position for you - we have great pay and very generous benefits.
Who We Are
Funnel is a fast growing and well-funded startup, working to help marketers understand how their marketing initiatives relate to their business results. Our customers range from huge e-commerce companies to advertising agencies and consumer brands. We’re attacking a $4 billion market head on.
Funnel’s platform enables marketers to import and consolidate data from all of their marketing tools and channels, and lets them easily export their data to data warehouses (e.g. Amazon Web Services / Redshift) and analysis tools like Google Sheets, Google Data Studio and Tableau. Since the product launch in 2015, we have set up offices in Stockholm and Boston, and grown to service thousands of marketers all over the world, with the US as the largest market. We currently employ over 200 people, and are still growing.
We uphold and promote a “people first” culture where we consider team achievements and mental well being key measures of success. We strive for the work environment to be fun, friendly and fulfilling. We believe that psychological safety and individual development are core components that are needed for building successful organizations.
What you will do
The role is divided into two: 1.) Operational responsibility for taking our SDRs (AKA our future salespeople) to the next level, and 2.) Strategic leadership of the Business Development function as part of the cross-departmental management team. The main purpose of this role is therefore taking SDRs to the next level as a part of building our future salespeople across our different locations.
You will lead and coach SDR (inbound) and BDR (outbound) managers to create a metric-driven operating model, capable of fast-paced adjustment and efficiency improvements. In addition, you will directly influence and collaborate with individual team members, with a particular focus on skills training and career development. You will collaborate daily with your peers and colleagues in Marketing and Sales to ensure strategic alignment and to create a tactical feedback loop (i.e. Marketing & Business Development win together!)
We believe you are
- Collaborative, a great communicator, and a challenger - you can easily navigate across teams and can make your voice heard
- Analytical - you are able to understand the big picture, identify gaps and prioritize actions, create priorities, and correct sequencing
- Open to change - you thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Team-oriented - you are strongly motivated to help and see your team members grow and succeed together
- Several years of experience from Sales in a company that has Sales Development Representatives (experience from a SaaS company is a bonus)
- Knowledgeable and an expert on the Marketing and Sales pipeline processes and stages in a software company
- Inbound and outbound sales experience
- Leadership experience
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- We’re at the forefront of data-engineering-as-a-service and no-code data tools for marketers, and people working with business data. We’re pushing the envelope.
- We focus intensely on culture and work-life balance. We care about family and personal development, and don’t expect for you to always be 100% engaged with work.
- Our team has a diverse background of experiences - we come from finance, startups, straight from college, and engineering - and across two continents.
- We focus our hiring on traits, believing that they’re better to target than technical skills, which you can learn with us.
- Unlike most companies today, we want to develop you for a career at Funnel - we do this by providing mentorship and a transparent internal career ladder.
- We care about your happiness at work, and want to help prepare you for whatever you want in your career future.
Why You Might Not Be Excited About Us
- Because we’re a startup and this team is evolving towards more technical depth, priorities and our trajectory may shift.
- Not all of our processes and procedures are perfect - we firmly believe that almost anything can be done in a better way. If you don’t want to contribute to improvements for the team, you may find that frustrating.
- Because our team is often autonomous, your responsibility and accountability may not be well defined. We expect you to independently identify where the team needs you to focus your efforts and in what ways you are best equipped to contribute.
- We value excellent communication skills - you will interact directly with Funnel’s customers.
Fantastic Benefits We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- 120 hours (15 days) of Paid time off (PTO)
- 401k matching - dollar for dollar up to 6%
- Industry leading 14 Weeks Parental Leave (i.e. Maternity and Paternity) leave at 100% compensation, with a “ramp up” period to return to work
- A beautiful office near South Station with all the nitro cold brew you can drink
- “You-focused” training and onboarding program
- Home office stipend
- Transparent career ladder for advancement
- Internal internships with other Funnel teams
- Free use of office gym facility
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you sponsor me?
Unfortunately, no, at this time we cannot.
What does this position pay?
To attract talented individuals, our compensation is “market” and our benefits are quite generous. For candidates in our interview process, we are happy to discuss salary ranges.
Where is Funnel located?
Funnel’s US office is at 175 Federal Street, Boston, Massachusetts, and the corporate headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden.
Are you okay with remote work?
Mostly: during COVID, our main concern is to keep staff safe - we have "hybrid" schedules that minimize close contact via socially distanced “pods” and scheduling who is in (and not in) the office day by day. Most people come in to the office 3 days a week. In the future, we plan to continue this hybrid policy - at this time, we do not see 100% remote work as a good fit for us.
What’s with the personality test?
We use this test to understand how you’ll fit into our team dynamic - as a culture-first organization, we care deeply about our group chemistry - it’s what makes us so successful. We don’t want you to enter a lengthy recruitment process if we feel like you will not enjoy the role you are applying for.
Funnel is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer.
We uphold and promote a “people first” culture where we consider team achievements and mental well-being key measures of success. We continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals foster. Our inclusive culture inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by welcoming the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Funnel is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 857-663-0936 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information