We are looking for our next colleagues to join the Data Operations team and help customers solve their newest and often most complex data problems. If you are intrigued by the prospect of joining a rapidly growing company with a very strong emphasis on agile teamwork and promoting skill-building, then this could be an awesome position for you!
What you will do
The Data Operations team is responsible for data integration engineering to support Funnel's customers with their data use cases. When a customer needs data imported to Funnel from a source that is not supported by Funnel's "out-of-the-box" integrations, they come to Data Operations. In other words, the team helps customers set up custom data extraction, configures the import of data in the Funnel platform, and troubleshoots customer problems with the integrations that we have built for them - in other words, we spend a lot of time working with APIs.
As a Data Integration Engineer, you are a key contributor to ensuring that our customers get maximum value out of Funnel. It is a unique type of role in a team that frequently interacts with various teams in both the Software Development and Commercial departments.
Stuff that we use at work today:
- IDEs: VS Code, PyCharm
- Version control: Git/Github
- Testing: Postman
- Cloud services: AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Databases and SQL: Postgres, MySQL, BigQuery
- CRM: Hubspot, Intercom
At the end of the day, specific keywords or technologies are not critical to us in our team. Our focus is on whether you can think about data and work on solving business problems with the right approach.
Who you are
Traits we are looking for in you:
- You are comfortable working in customer-facing roles, and you enjoy being a helpful resource and solving other people's problems
- You have a drive for self-education/ self-teaching where you take ownership and initiatives in evolving your skills
- You have an analytical mindset where you are analyzing long term and short term challenges as well as considering sustainable and scalable solutions - from business processes to code
- You are curious, where you have an eagerness to see what's "under the hood" and see what makes stuff tick
- We also believe you have a technical interest, and that you share our passion for data: you think deeply about data: its shape, how it behaves, various formats, where it is going, where it came from, how to transform it
Skills and experiences that are required:
- Practical experience in writing code, either through education or work
- Experience in a customer-facing role (customers can be both external or internal)
- Knowledge in REST and/or SOAP APIs (both front and back-end perspectives are relevant)
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Swedish is not a requirement)
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
We are at the forefront of data-engineering-as-a-service and no-code data tools for marketers, and people working with business data. We are pushing the envelope. We focus intensely on culture and work-life balance. We strive for the work environment to be fun, friendly, and fulfilling.
Unlike most companies today, we want to develop you for a career at Funnel - we do this by providing room for personal growth, and by working in a fast-growing scale-up, you will have tremendous opportunities to develop and grow as a professional and person.
- A generous wellness allowance
- Pension and vacation days
- Private health insurance
- Unlimited business books from Amazon
- A multicultural and diverse working environment
- Centrally located office with a lot of social areas: bar, ping-pong table, gaming room, library, pool table, music room etc.
- Cross-team internships
Why You Might Not Be Excited About Us
Because we are a scale-up and this team is evolving towards more technical depth, priorities and our trajectory may shift. Not all of our processes and procedures are perfect - we firmly believe that almost anything can be done in a better way. If you do not want to contribute to improvements for the team, you may find that frustrating.
Because our team is often autonomous, your responsibility and accountability may not be well defined. We expect you to independently identify where the team needs you to focus your efforts and in what ways you are best equipped to contribute.
Who We Are
Funnel is a fast-growing tech company within digital marketing. With a focus on non-technical users, we build a new generation of Software as a Service (SaaS) that helps our customers draw spot-on conclusions from their business data. Our solution integrates the data automatically, structures it, and then sends it to a connected system for analysis. So far, we have created integrations for around 500 platforms.
Our customers are spread out across the globe, with our biggest market in the US. Since the product launch in 2015, we have set up offices in Stockholm and Boston, with our headquarter in Stockholm, and grown to service thousands of marketers all over the world!